Control Break report exercise for MS Access
The following procedure creates a control break report.
- Write the SQL to join NATION and STOCK and compute the value of the stock.
SELECT NATNAME, EXCHRATE, STKFIRM, STKPRICE, STKQTY,
STKPRICE*STKQTY*EXCHRATE AS STKVALUE
FROM NATION, STOCK
WHERE NATION.NATCODE = STOCK.NATCODE
- Save the query as ControlBreak
- Select Reports tab
- Select New
- Select Report Wizard, choose ControlBreak from the pulldown list and select OK
- Select all available fields and select Next
- Select NATNAME and EXCHRATE as the group variables and select Next
- Select STKFIRM as the sort field and select Next
- Select Next
- Select Finish
You will notice some slight differences from the report on page 101, but your report should be quite similar.
This page is part of the promotional and support material for Data Management (sixth edition) by Richard T. Watson
For questions and comments please contact the author